Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ablaze for God - Day 48 Devotional


The Spiritual Realities of the Infilling”
Submitted by Tim Young
Key text: Zechariah 4:6

Before I was saved, I would have things going on in my life that to me were unexplainable. I might be thinking about someone and then mysteriously run into that person, or I might call someone, only to have them say, “I was just going to call you.” We used to call those moments; déjà vu, circumstance or coincidences.

Now that I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I know that it is more than just a chance happening, but actually what we like to call a ‘God Moment’, or a Divine appointment. I believe that God through the Holy Spirit gives us promptings; to put people on our hearts. Then it’s our job to make sure we follow up on the appointments. For some it kind of freaks them out to be led by something that they can’t see.

I have had people say to me that after they have accepted the Lord in their heart they are hearing Him, and wondering why now. My only explanation to them is that they are finally listening! I have times now where I’m thinking of someone and I’ll run into them at the store. They will either have a burden or they will say, “I can’t believe I ran into you, I was going to call you when I get home.” Or, I’ll call someone and they’ll say, “I was looking up your number to call you, or I knew you’d call.” I don’t now about you, but that’s not me, that’s a higher power, prompting me to call one of His children—Divine appointment! Before, I might have just blown it off as a coincidence.

As followers of Jesus it is our job to be obedient to the Holy Spirit. 1 Peter 1:22 says, “Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart.” (NASB) Make sure it is of God, by praying for what the Holy Spirit has called you to do. Then act according to God’s will for people He puts in your path; be ready and willing for a ‘God Moment’!

No comments: