Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ablaze for God - Day 3 Devotional

“Do you long for power?”
Submitted by Loretta Sunderland
Key text: 2 Peter 1:3



So many times I have sought the Lords face with this question: “God, can I do BIG things for Your kingdom?” That’s all I want; is to do BIG things for His kingdom. Have any of you ever felt this in your spirit? It’s okay, you know, to have this longing, for it’s a God-given longing placed within our soul by the Holy Spirit. However, in my desire to do BIG things how many times have I tried to accomplish them in my own human power? Too many times! This summer while attending youth camp, God reminded me that everything I need for life and godliness has already been given. Peter says “His divine power” (this dynamic, explosive power of the Holy Spirit) “has given us everything we need for life and godliness."

Let’s remember that Jesus came to give us life, life more abundant, with everything accomplished at the cross. As we surrender our all to God this desire in our hearts, for MORE of Him, is presently accessible.

As I ponder what has already been given to me, these words of Elizabeth Browning strike a chord:

“Earth’s crammed with heaven, and every common
bush afire with God, but only he who sees takes
off his shoes; the rest sit around it and
pluck blackberries. . .”

Today ask and seek for that which God has already made available to you.

No comments: