Thursday, September 4, 2008

Your Deepest Prayer

What is the deepest prayer of your heart? Bring it to church this Sunday and offer it to God.

We are going to have a very unusual service this week. . . with the entire morning devoted to prayer. We won't have three identical worship services. We won't have two sets of worship songs and a sermon. We won't have any announcements.

Instead, we're just going to pray together. I believe God wants to do something special for us.

Come, seek the Lord with me. This will be a powerful experience if you come with your cup right side up!

"Call on me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things."
--Jeremiah 33:3

"If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
-- II Chronicles 7:14

"Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place."
--II Chronicles 7:15

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything, give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Ask and it shall be given unto you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7

No comments: