Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ablaze for God - Day 28 Devotional


Your Ministry of Tears
Submitted by Candy Yoder
Key text: 2 Corinthians 2:4

Tears of Ministry can be embodied in many ways. There are tears of rejoicing with others, tears of anguish as we burden and labor for lost souls, and also tears for God’s people that are hurting and broken-hearted.

Many years ago I remember begging God to remove my tears. I didn’t want to be burdened for people that were hurting, care about unfair things happening to God’s people, or troubled by loved ones rejecting the Father’s love. God answered my prayer. He dried up my tears. And, it felt good for a season. I felt liberated and more in control. However, I began to notice I no longer cared about things that broke my Father’s heart. My prayer life dwindled and I didn’t like who I had become. I asked God to restore my heart and He did.

As we grow in relationship and communion with God, He enables our hearts to be burdened for the things that break His heart. As we intercede on behalf of others our tears become tears of release. In releasing our burdens to God on behalf of another He mysteriously imparts peace, vision, hope and strength to our lives.

Through tearful intercession we are saying to God “I care and I stand in the gap for my brothers and sisters.” In that sacred place of prayerful intimacy we can communicate our deepest longings for another through tears. What a blessed place to be!

Oh God, we live in a broken world, a world that so desperately needs you. May we be humbled and available for Your ministry in hearts that need Your divine touch. May we cry out Abba Father use me. Give me Your vision, a heart that follows hard after You and thinks bigger than myself. Release Your power and provision, so that lives will be transformed into your image starting with my own. May my tears be used to edify You and Your people as only You can do. Give me more of Your love and a heart of compassion for the things You love most of all-Your people!

No comments: