Monday, October 27, 2008

Ablaze for God - Day 43 Devotional


“Integrity in Our Private World”
Submitted by Dennis Smith
Key text: Psalm 139

“Well did you see me?” These were the common words out of my then three year old daughter’s mouth when interrogated by us, her parents, about some suspected wrong doing. In her mind if we didn’t actually see her do it she didn’t have to own up to it.

I often find myself in this same situation, believing that I have gotten away with something so long as it wasn’t visible to the outside world. In my mind I think no one will ever know because they may have not seen my bad behavior, or worse yet, my sinful thoughts, motives or intentions.

I resort to this type of earthly thinking when I find my self out of touch with God. I forget he sees and knows all. While God is not the author of these sins of mine, I feel he understands them because of what went on in the Garden of Eden that day. Because I struggle so with this private world of mine, I am so thankful for God’s redemptive power and love that he has freely given us through his son Jesus Christ.

The challenge for each of us is to find a consistent way to keep ourselves in touch with God. I have found that journaling my prayers works best for me. For you it maybe something totally different, but find a practice that helps you stay in tune and exercise it often so that you to can enjoy the rich life that comes with a close relationship with your Creator.

No comments: