Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ablaze for God - Day 31 Devotional


“The One Who Anoints”
Submitted by Loretta Sunderland
Key text: John 16:12-14

My heart starts beating ninety miles an hour with excitement as I read about the anointing of the Holy Spirit, especially at Pentecost. When the “breath of the spirit” fell, he fell upon ALL flesh, bringing to pass the prophecy of Joel 2:28-32. And we know that without the power of the Holy Spirit’s anointing, all of life is just empty ritual.

As I sit and ponder the workings of the Holy Spirit through history, my mind is taken back to the creation account in Genesis where it states that the Spirit hovered over the unfinished creation. I’m struck by the reality that the Spirit who was present during the construction of the cosmos, is the same Spirit who equipped the heroes’ of faith for His work, is the same Spirit who descended upon Jesus like a dove at his time of baptism, is the same Spirit who fell on the believers gathered in the upper room at Pentecost and. . .is the same Spirit who anoints us with divine power for life.

This has to excite your hearts!

The Spirit of God was active in creation, and his creative power continues today. For the “Spirit of Truth” enables each of us to live out Christ’s teachings in ways that we could never create on our own.

I don’t know about you, but I love the knowledge I have that the Holy Spirit leads, fills, and anoints my life. I believe if we make ourselves available, God will use each of us in mighty ways for His kingdom.

Amen? Amen!

No comments: