Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ablaze for God - Day 34 Devotional


“His Anointing Brings Special Blessings”
Submitted by Karri Weller
Key text: Psalm 23:5


You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows.
As I walk thru the valley
I look for you, Lord
For you are waiting for me
And will see me thru.
As my enemies follow close behind
My cup spills over, and I start to cry
With enemies nipping at my heels
I find myself getting closer to you
I fall at your feet
As I look up to see
What you prepared for me
Plates are over flowing
With promises, hope, love and dreams
You reach down and anoint my head
Your energy flows thru me
You fill my cup
And help me up.
As we sit at the table and talk
I realize I have not done my part
For You are there each and everyday
Filling me up, showing me the way
Making promises and blessing come true
Giving me hopes dreams and love too.
No matter where or what I do.
You are always there to see it thru
So Lord I thank you,
Never being able to do enough
To show you how much I appreciate your love.
Thank each and everyday,
I will do my best to worship you!

As a wife and a mother of three, the Lord has filled my life in ways I could never imagined. And, with each passing day I thank Him for all He has done and all that He does. For, no matter how bad a day may seem, I am grateful. For even thru all the struggles of each day I know he has prepared promises, hopes, dreams, love, faith and my cup each day as I try not to spill it throughout the day.

No comments: